Last Updated On July 26th, 2016 at 10:20 pm
UPCPMT or Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Exam is a medical exam conducted by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University. This exam is used to get admission in Government colleges and other approved universities and institutes of Uttar Pradesh for the courses like BUMS, BHMS, MBBS, BAMS, and BDS. The body responsible for conducting the exam releases the answer key along with the result of this exam. Additional approved colleges that offer courses like Dental, Homeopathic, Unani and Ayurvedic also allow admission to the students based on the score of UPCPMT.
UPCPMT 2018 Eligibility
- Domicile: The domiciliary state of the candidate must be Uttar Pradesh.
- If the candidate has completed his or her higher secondary and intermediate in Uttar Pradesh, then he or she will not need to give separate domicile certificate.
- The candidate will have to provide the ‘Samanya Nivas Praman Patra’, issued by the concerned authorities, if he or she has completed either high school or intermediate, but not both, from Uttar Pradesh.
- In case the candidate neither of them from UP, then he or she will need to provide ‘Mool Praman Patra’ issued by the concerned authorities.
- Age limit: The birth date of the candidate must be on or before December 31, 2000.
- The candidate must have passed HSC or its equivalent exam with English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology as the main subjects.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of fifty percent marks in HSC. The same for those belonging to SC, ST or OBC categories is 40%.
UPCPMT 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
In order to apply for UPCPMT, the candidate will be required to visit the official website of UPCPMT for starting the registering process. During the registration process, basic details, such as the candidate’s name, email id, address and mobile number must be provided correctly. The last step of the registration process includes the verification code that will be sent to the candidate’s given mobile number. The application form of UPCPMT can be filled by entering the login details sent to the candidate’s email id and mobile number.
Details like qualifications and other related information will need to be filled in the form by the candidate and then submitted. For completing the process, the application fees will need to the paid by the candidate. After the application form is submitted successfully, the declaration form must be downloaded, and a recent photo must be attached to it. For future reference, the candidate will need to take a printout of the application form.
UPCPMT 2018 Exam Pattern
The question paper of UPCPMT is designed for testing the medical aptitude and other related fields of the candidates. The questions asked in the paper will come from the subjects like Physics, Botany, Zoology, and Chemistry. The total marks of the paper will be two hundred, and each section will be of fifty marks. The duration of this exam is 3 hours. One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. All questions in the UPCPMT exam will be of objective type.
UPCPMT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of physics, botany, chemistry and zoology for UPCPMT is given below:
- Physics: The syllabus of this subject is segmented into two sections. The first section includes topics like electricity, atomic physics and radiation, electromagnetism, electron and nuclear physics. The second section consists of kinematics and measurements, wave motion and sound, heat, mechanics, general properties of matter and light.
- Botany: There are two sections of the syllabus of Botany. The topics included in the first section are the ecosystem, systematic study of algae, fungi, cell, the plant kingdom and bacteria. The second section includes respiratory system, transpiration, heredity, human evolution, cell differentiation, sporogenesis, translocation, movements and growth, and photosynthesis.
- Chemistry: The syllabus of chemistry for UPCPMT asks questions from topics like alcohols, aldehydes, isomerism, and alkali, laws of gasses, transition metals, colloidal solutions, alkyl halides, ethers, ketones, aromatic compounds, alkaline metals, chemical equilibrium, thermochemistry, and catalyst.
- Zoology: This subject includes topics like animal tissues, organic evolutions, genetics, and animal physiology, and mutation, origin of life, protozoa, and arthropod.
UPCPMT 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued through online mode only. It will contain the essential exam details like time and date of the exam, the address of the venue and the center assigned to the candidate. The candidates will need to carry the admit card to the exam hall. They will also need to read the instructions printed on it and follow them carefully.
UPCPMT 2018 Result
The result of UPCPMT will be declared after the successful completion of the exam. For downloading the result, the candidates will need to refer to the official website of UPCPMT. A section of the home page will be dedicated to the result. The candidates will have to enter their birth date, roll number, and captcha verification. Clicking on the submit button will lead to the display of the candidate’s result. The result can be downloaded. For future reference, extra copies of the result’s printout must be kept by the candidates.
The counseling procedure of UPCPMT is executed by DDUGU or Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University. The call letter pertaining to this procedure will be sent to the candidates on the basis of their qualifying marks. While appearing for the counseling procedure, the candidates will need to bring certain documents. These documents include the original counseling letter and its photocopy, bank draft (made in accordance with the guidelines given on UPCPMT prospect), four to six passport size photos, original copy of provisional certificate or degree certificate, medical documents (in accordance with those mentioned on the application form UPCPMT), original copy of the admit card and its photocopy, original mark sheets of tenth and twelfth class and their photocopies, hall ticket or rank card, caste certificate issued by the concerned authorities, and other relevant documents.
The counseling procedure of UPCPMT will consist of three phases. Those participating in the first phase will be allowed to take part in the second phase. The candidates selected in the second phase will need to have their documents verified by the institute allotted to them, and pay the required admission fees. The candidates will need to join the college and course allotted to them in the allotted time frame in the counseling’s third phase.