Last Updated On February 20th, 2017 at 09:57 pm
Essay on Summer Season – Paragraph on Summer Season – Speech on Summer Season – Few Lines on Summer Season. Summer Season Essay for Kids and Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Essay on Summer Season
Of all the four conventional seasons, Summer is the hottest. It falls between the spring season and the autumn season. At the time of summer solstice, the duration of the days is the longest and that of the nights is the shortest, with the length of the days decreasing with the progression of the season post-solstice. The date marking the beginning of the season changes and depends on factors such as climate, culture and tradition, and others. It is winter in the Northern hemisphere when there is summer in the Southern hemisphere. While there are many modes of determining the beginning of summer season, let us take up a few for better understanding.
From the astronomical standpoint, the solstices and equinoxes would be in the mid of the respective seasons, however, often the astronomical summer is understood as the beginning at the Solstice, usually on the traditional date, June 21. As per the meteorologists, summer lasts for the months of June, July, and August in areas falling in the Northern hemisphere whereas in the months of December, January and February in areas falling in the Southern hemisphere. The meteorological mode of determination is widely used in countries such as Denmark, Australia, Austria, Japan, the United Kingdom, etc. Traditional reckoning is based on traditions and customs.
By this way, the United States of America witnesses the beginning of the summer season on the Memorial Day weekend (which is actually the last weekend of May) and culminating at the Labour Day weekend (which is the first weekend of September). Similarly, in Canada, the summer season starts with Victoria Day and culminates on Labour Day. In China, summer season traditionally begins on May 5 and sums up on August 6. In New Zealand and Australia, the season starts on December 1 and ends on 28 February (or 29 February, if it is a leap year).
Summer season is associated with warm or hot weather. Around Mediterranean regions, the season is associated with dryness whereas, in areas in Eastern Asia, it is associated with rainy conditions. The Thunderstorm season in Canada and the United States of America operates in the spring season through the summer season.
Summer Season is one of the favorite seasons for school and college students, as they get to have breaks from academics. In almost all nations, a substantial portion of the summer season is fixed for summer holidays, although dates differ from one country to another. In the United States of America, public schools close down in the month of June and colleges close down in the month of May. In India, schools end in the month of April and resume in the month of June.
In Wales and England, schools close down in the middle of July and resume later in September. In Russia, the summer vacation begins in the month of May and ends in August. In the Southern Hemisphere, summer holidays include Christmas. In countries such as New Zealand and South Africa, summer break begins in the month of December and ends in the month of February.
Major public holidays fall during the summer season such as the Independence Day of the United States of America (July 4), Canada Day (July 1), Bastille Day (July 14), National Day of Sweden (June 6), the Republic Day of Italy (June 2), Victoria Day of Canada, Memorial Day of the United States of America, Australia Day ( January 26), etc. Thus, the summer season is filled with celebrations and enthusiasm as many festivities happen during this period. It is one the reasons summer is often associated with fun, excitement, and energy.
Talking about excitement, people indulge in several outdoor activities during this season. Activities like traveling, picnics, etc are common. Sports such as basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, water polo, golf, association football, cricket, etc are played. The modern Olympics are organized during the summer months ever since 1896, with the 2000 Summer Olympics being the only exception as it was held during the spring season in Australia.
Apart from outdoor activities, children show witness huge popularity due to summer vacations. TV channels strategize broadcasting of shows in accordance with the current mood and the weather requirements. While children television runs fine, there is marked decrease in the viewership of adult and old people. This brings us to various ways in which summer can be enjoyed. Why address this? It is because the summer season is an energetic season and should be made use in the best possible way. So, here a few things you can do during summer.
- You can go on hiking alone or with your friends.
- To beat the heat, you can make a short, meaningful tour to a hill station and find the much-needed reprieve from the heat. This is a highly popular activity in tropical and sub-tropical regions.
- Drink water or soft drinks with a hose. Many people associate the use of ahose with summer and that is why the consumption of hoses is the maximum during this season.
- Go for boating.
- Enjoy outdoor activities to the maximum. Gather your friends and play games such as football, basketball, etc.
- Catch fireflies. It is one of the most popular hobbies during the summer Countries such as Japan where bug hunting is a popular hobby, fireflies are some of the most loved chases.
- Summers can be lazy at times and how to spend a lazy summer day: By installing a hammock in your garden. You can purchase one from the market or make one for yourself at home. Once you have it, all you need to do is relax and read your favorite
- Go stargazing. During summer, the skies are clear and perfect for hobbies such as this. All you need is a decent telescope, or if you do not like this idea, gaze through naked eyes. Either way, you will enjoy.
- Go swimming. Join swimming classes or kill some time in a nearby water park.
- Ice cream, what more do you need on a hot summer day to refresh yourself.
Summer Season Essay – Summer Season Paragraph – Summer Season Speech – Summer Season Few Lines. Summer Season Essay for Kids and Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.