Last Updated On February 20th, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Essay on Spring Season – Paragraph on Spring Season – Speech on Spring Season – Few Lines on Spring Season. Spring Season Essay for Kids and Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Essay on Spring Season
Spring season is a pleasant season for everyone. Why? It is so because when it comes, it refreshes the nature such as the flowers blossom, dry areas turn into green pastures, etc. It is especially important for animals which wake up from a long duration of hibernation. Humans celebrate this season by wearing new and colorful clothes and also by celebrating it in the form of festivals. Spring is the homecoming of brightness, happiness, and the start of a new beginning.
Some people attach special, figurative significance to the spring season, making it one of the most important among the four conventional seasons. In this essay, we shall talk about spring seasons elaborately. Spring is part of the four conventional seasons and precedes summers and follows winter.
Spring is given several technical definitions but the local usage depends on various factors such as customs, cultures, and local climate. When it is autumn in the Southern Hemisphere, there is spring season in the Northern Hemisphere. During the spring equinox, the days are around 12 hours long and the length of the day increases with the progression of the season.
With the spring season, the ideas of rejuvenation, rebirth, resurrection, regrowth, renewal are attached. Tropical and sub-tropical regions have described climates as wet or dry, monsoonal or cyclonic. The onset of the spring season is not easily determined by calendar dates. The ecological or phenomenal definition of spring season has relation with biological indicators, the activities of animals, the blossoming of plant species, or pervasion of special smell.
Thus, the determination depends on the climate. Many ecologists categorize the year into six different seasons, having no fixed dates. Additionally, ecological reckoning states that there is a pre-spring season occurring between the winter and the actual spring season. Thus, it is very difficult to determine when spring season actually arrives.
As mentioned before, the spring season is celebrated with great fervor and excitement in different parts of the world. Let us take up a few celebrations held across the globe:
- In Australia, an annual Spring Racing Carnival is organized in Melbourne every October and November. On the first Tuesday of November, the Melbourne Cup is organized for which the city observes a public holiday. The race is famously known as the race that halts the entire nation. Another event organized during spring is Floriade, which is essentially a festival of flowers organized in Canberra, the national capital of Australia. During this festival, the city is decked out in beautiful flower displays.
- Albania shows its enthusiasm for the season by declaring 14 March as a national Holiday.
- In Canada, Victoria Day is celebrated on or prior to 24 May. Although the day celebrates Queen Victoria’s birthday, it is commonly regarded as the onset of summers in Canada.
- Christians across the globe celebrate Easter, which is one of the essential religious feasts. The day is observed to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. The day is celebrated two days post-Good
- Egypt celebrates spring as Sham ennisim, which is a national holiday. The day marks the beginning of the season. Historically, ancient Egyptians used to celebrate the Wheat’s harvest. The day follows the Eastern Christian Easter.
- In Israel, the Jewish Holiday of Passover is observed and is famously called as the spring holiday. To mark the beginning of the season, Israel holds three national holidays, namely: Holocaust Memorial Day, Memorial for the Fallen Soldiers of Israel, and Independence Day. The three days are some of the most important days for the citizens of Israel and are thoroughly observed throughout the nation.
- In India, spring is celebrated in the form of a festival of colors called Holi. The celebration of Holi falls between the end of winter and the beginning of spring. VasantPanchami is a North Indian festival that is considered as the first day of the spring season. Similar festivals but under different names are organized in different parts of the country such as Thai Pongal in the state of Tamil Nadu, Sankranti in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Karnataka. In Assam, RongaliBihu is organized for celebrating the onset of spring season. This is essentially a festival that celebrates the harvest. In the states of Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, and Jammu and Kashmir, Navreh or Nowruz is celebrated to mark the beginning of spring.
- In Vietnam, the festival called Tet is celebrated in the months of January or February to mark the onset of spring.
- In Turkey, spring is celebrated in the form of Nowruz, which is a Kurdish festival. Despite its Kurdish association, the day is largely celebrated by other communities in Turkey. The day witnesses huge fanfare, picnic visits, shopping, and other forms of celebrations. The day is important to Turks because of its association with the legend of Ergenekon.
- China has to be certainly mentioned in this regard. China is perhaps the only country in the world whose spring celebrations make international headlines. The Chinese New year which is also termed as the Spring festival is a really important festival. The first day of the same falls between January 21 and February 20. The festival has centuries-old history and has gained more significance because of various legends and myths. Chinese New year is celebrated in countries, apart from China, such as Macau, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Cambodia, Mauritius, the Philippines, Thailand, and Hong Kong, etc. During this festival, houses will be decorated with red color couples and paper-cuts with popular themes of happiness or good fortune. Celebratory activities during this festival include giving money in special red paper envelopes and lighting firecrackers.
Spring season is one of the most favorite seasons and has become even more famous due to various celebrations held across the globe. Due to sentiments and meaningful elements attached to the festival, one cannot resist the temptation to celebrate the day in the most fun manner possible. This is quite evident in India where spring season is celebrated with great enthusiasm and love. All our emotions spring during this season.
Spring Season Essay – Spring Season Paragraph – Spring Season Speech – Spring Season Few Lines. Spring Season Essay for Kids and Students of Class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.