Last Updated On July 26th, 2016 at 10:19 pm
OJEE 2018 or Odisha Joint Entrance Exam is a centralized test to admit candidates in numerous management, engineering, and medical institutes of Odisha. The candidates who qualified in this exam is given admission in courses like B.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm, Biotechnology, M.Tech, and MAM. After the announcement of AIPMT or All India Pre Medical Test, courses like MBBS are removed.
OJEE 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility requirements of OJEE for different courses are illustrated below:
- Candidates must have cleared the HSC exam from an authentic and recognized board. They must have obtained a minimum of forty-five percent marks in the HSC exam, and this does not include grace marks.
- Candidates must have studied math and physics as main subjects, and chemistry, biotechnology or biology as optional subjects.
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree in the architecture field from a recognized university or institute. They must have obtained at least fifty percent aggregate marks.
- The candidates must have a graduate degree in pharmacy with fifty percent aggregate marks from an authentic and recognized university or college.
- Candidates must have passed the twelfth class exam with math or biology, and physics as main subjects.
- Candidates must have studied a technical vocational subject or chemistry as optional subjects.
MCA – 2nd Year (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates must have either B.Sc (in IT, Computer or ITM field) or BCA degree with a minimum of 50% marks from an authentic university.
- Candidate must have math in twelfth class as the main subject.
Part Time M.Tech
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree issued by a recognized university or institute.
- All those who have a work experience of two years can also apply for this course.
OJEE 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
There are six types of application forms that will be provided for OJEE. These are forms A, B, C, D, E, and F, and they represent Pharmacy or BHMS & BAMS, BSc (LE) and Architecture/Pharma/Engineering, MCA (LE)/MBA/MCA, PGAT (M.Pharm/M.Arch/M.Tech(PT)/M.Tech), PGAT and MBA/LE MCA and MBA/MCA, and MAM respectively.
For filling the application form, the candidates will need to visit the official website of OJEE. On this website, a link for registration will be given. After clicking on this link, the candidates will need to click on the link ‘ Apply for OJEE-2018’. Before starting the procedure of online submission of the application form, the candidates will need to read the procedures and instructions carefully. After doing this, they must proceed to correctly fill the details. After finishing this, they must click on the ‘next’ button. The candidates will then need to upload their photo; pay the required fees and print the receipt.
OJEE 2018 Exam Pattern
In OJEE exam, two papers will be held. The first and second paper will be for B.Tech courses and architecture courses respectively. The first paper will be conducted in offline as well as online modes. The second paper, on the other hand, will be held in offline mode only. In OJEE paper, the subjects from which the questions would be asked include physics, chemistry, and math. These sections will have equal weightage. The questions will be asked in the format of multiple choices. The exam is subjected to negative marking.
OJEE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of physics, chemistry, and math for OJEE is provided below:
- Physics: motion and measurement, characteristics of materials, viscosity, Biot-Savart’s law, optics, electronic devices, nuclear physics and relativity, wave motion, magnetism and electricity, liquids, thermodynamics, and heat.
- Chemistry: Liquid state, solutions, molecules and atoms, chemical bonding, energetics, kinetics, non-metals, chemical series, metallurgy, electron mobility, aromatic compounds, environmental chemistry, biochemistry, aliphatic compounds, nuclear chemistry, electrochemistry, equilibrium, and gaseous state.
- Math: Algebra of sets, matrices and determinants, coordinate geometry, series and sequences, differential calculus, differential equations, statistics and probability, number system, integral calculus, vectors, quadratic polynomials, trigonometry, complex numbers and number systems.
OJEE 2018 Admit Card
The admit card or hall ticket will be made available at the official website of OJEE. The admit card can be downloaded by the applicants by entering details such as birth date, application number, and registration number. Candidates must see as well as check their admit card thoroughly. They must check the photo, digital signature and other details that are displayed on the card carefully. Any discrepancies must be rectified immediately.
OJEE 2018 Result
The result of OJEE can be seen on the OJEE’s official website. The candidates will simply need to submit the complete and correct details like birth date, roll number and application number. By pressing the submit button, the result will be displayed on the screen. The candidates will also be provided the rights for re-addition or re-totaling of their results. They will need to attach a demand draft of only five hundred rupees, drawn in the favor of any nationalized bank at Bhubaneswar. The demand draft must be mailed to the office for re-evaluating the scores.
OJEE 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off of OJEE will be a strong predictor of the admission chances of the candidates. The body conducting the entrance exam will determine this cut-off. The candidates must secure marks either equal to or more than the OJEE cut-off in order to get included in the final merit list. Numerous factors will form the basis of deciding the cut-off marks for admission. These factors include past years’ cut-off marks, admission trends, norms of reservation etc.
The candidates who desire to take part in the OJEE counseling procedure will need to register online through the official website of OJEE. The candidates will be allowed to select the course and the college of their choice after their personal data is verified. Candidates will be able to select seats in accordance with their preference. They will need to pay counseling fee for participating in the counseling procedure. They will also need to pay five thousand rupees as the university registration fee for getting allotted in a college.
After the successful payment of the registration fee, the seats selected by the candidates will be subjected to processing, and the candidate’s rank will form the basis of the allotment of provisional seat. The results of the provisional seat allotment will be provided on the OJEE’s official website. An SMS alert will also be sent for the same.