NMAT 2018: NMAT or Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test is an entrance test owned and administered by GMAC or Graduate Management Admission Council. This test provides an opportunity to the management aspirants to get admitted in the full-time MBA courses offered by NMIMS Mumbai, and PG diploma management courses offered by NMIMS Bangalore and Hyderabad. The following are the details of NMAT 2018:
NMAT 2018 Eligibility
The official eligibility requirements of NMAT are as follows:
- A graduation degree from a university or institute that is recognized by the government must be possessed by the candidates.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of fifty percent aggregate marks in their degree.
- All those who will be appearing for their final year of the graduation degree will be considered eligible for NMAT.
- Candidates who are in their final year will be given provisional admission, provided they clear their graduation degree’s final exam without any backlog. Additionally, they must secure at least fifty percent aggregate marks.
- Candidates with work experience will be given preference for all full-time courses.
NMAT 2018 Application Form
The steps for filling the application form of NMAT are provided below:
- The NMAT’s official website will have to be visited first by the candidates.
- The web page will contain a link named ‘Register Now’. On clicking the link, candidates will have to provide their email id, and click on the tab named ‘No, I am a new user’.
- After doing the above step, the registration details for new users will open, and the candidate will have to enter their first and last name, and select a suitable password.
- For saving the changes, candidates will have to click on the button labeled ‘Register and Sign IN’.
- A new window containing the application form will appear. Candidates will have to fill in their details related to education and work experience.
- Candidates will obtain an authentication mail from the concerned authorities in the email id they have registered while filling the application form.
Selection of Business Schools:
- Candidates will be required to select the participating institution or business school where they desire to take admission. They will need to send their NMAT score to this institute. They will have to mention the required details under the section named ‘Program Details’.
- The recent color photo will need to be uploaded by the candidates. The dimensions of the photo must be in accordance with the instructions specified on the website.
Submitting the filled Application Form:
- Candidates must review all details they have filled in the application form before submission. Candidates will be unable to change any information, except their work experience and education qualifications, once they click the ‘submit’ button.
- The screen will then display an application id, which must be secured by the candidates for future reference.
Submission of Exam Fee:
- Candidates will have to pay the required fee for completing the application form filling procedure fully. The payment can be made through demand draft, debit or credit card.
NMAT Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern of NMAT exam is described below:
- The format of the test will be CBT (computer based test).
- The question paper will contain three sections, which are, section A, B, and C.
- Section A will contain questions based on language skills, and sections B and C will ask questions based on quantitative skills and logical reasoning respectively.
- Section A will contain thirty-two questions, and sections B and c will contain forty-eight and forty questions respectively.
- The questions will be of objective type.
- The time period that will be provided for section A will be twenty-two minutes. The same for the sections B and C will be sixty minutes and thirty-eight minutes respectively.
- One mark will be added to the total score for each correct response.
- No negative marking scheme will be applied.
NMAT 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates who have registered for the exam, submitted the application form and application fee successfully will obtain the admit card of NMAT 2018.
- For gaining entry into the exam hall on the examination day, candidates will have to carry their admit card with them and produce it whenever asked.
- The admit card for NMAT will be made available to the candidates just after they finish the registration process.
- The hall ticket will consist of information like candidate’s details, time and venue details of the test, and additional information related to the test.
NMAT 2018 Result
Candidates will be able to check their results by following the steps given below:
- Candidates will need to visit NMAT’s official website.
- The home page will have a tab named ‘Check Your Score’ which must be clicked by the candidates.
- Details like email id and password will have to be provided for logging in. These details will be the same ones that were generated at the registration time.
- The above step will be followed by entering the candidates’ birth date.
- Last, but not the least, after entering the security code and clicking the tab named ‘ Get Your NMAT Result’, the shortlist status of the candidates will be displayed.
- Candidates will obtain an email containing their score after the publishing of scores. The GMAC will send the score of the candidates’ score to the institutes participating in the NMAT 2018.
NMAT 2018 Selection Process
- All candidates who have obtained the minimum cutoff marks will have the eligibility of entering into the selection process.
- The selection process will contain two steps. The first step will be appearing in NMAT exam, and the second step will consist of appearing for the Group or case discussion, test rounds for their written ability or personal interview.
- The institutes participating in NMAT 2018 will conduct the rounds mentioned above.
- Candidates who get shortlisted will need to bring their NMAT hall ticket during their interview rounds.
- The final merit list will be made after the case discussion and personal round gets complete. Certain factors like performance in case discussion and personal interview, academic marks, score obtained in NAME, and work experience will form the basis of the preparation of this list.