Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:03 pm
MU OET 2018: Manipal University Online Entrance Test is an exam organized for admitting students in the undergraduate degree courses in the engineering field. The institutes that participate in this exam include Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Jaipur; and Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal. For qualifying this exam, at least fifty percent marks are needed in this exam, and admissions are given to the students on the basis of their rank.
MU OET 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility requirements that must be fulfilled by the candidates before applying for MU OET 2018 are provided below:
- Candidates must have cleared class twelfth or an equivalent exam.
- They must have obtained at least fifty percent marks in mathematics and physics. The same will be true for any optional subject taken by them.
- In the qualifying exam, physics, mathematics, and English must be the primary subjects.
MU OET 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
The application form procedure will involve the steps described below:
Providing basic information
This will be the first step of the application form filling procedure. For registration, the candidates will have to give basic details, like first, middle and last name; email id, birth date, stream, country, city, gender, mobile number, program, category, state, and nationality.
In this step, the candidates will need to provide contact details, like address, city, country, mobile number, pin code, state, etc. One thing to be kept in mind is that an email will be sent to the candidates that will contain the application number and password. Hence, only the correct email id must be given.
In the third step, the candidates will need to submit the details pertaining to their educational qualifications, which include the name of the institute or school, university or board, qualifying exam and year and month of passing. Additionally, they will have to upload their signature and photo.
Payment and Programs
This step will involve the filling of the desired course and personal information like parent name and birth date. The candidates may select a maximum of two locations as the exam centers in accordance with their connivance. Once selected, the test centers will not be altered later.
While making the payment of the application fee through the demand draft, the information that will have to be entered include DD number, issuing bank, and date and IFSC code. The candidates will be redirected to an external website in case they wish to make payment through net banking or credit card.
All those who will have reached this step have been registered with the MU or Manipal University. The candidates will be able to check their application form’s status by utilizing their login id as well as the password that was emailed to their registered e-mail id.
MU OET 2018 Exam Pattern
The total duration of MU OET 2018 will be two and a half hours. There will be two hundred questions of MCQ or multiple choice questions’ format. The question paper will be segmented into four parts, that is, physics, mathematics, chemistry, general aptitude & English. The physics and chemistry portions will have fifty questions each, mathematics will have thirty and the general aptitude & English would have thirty questions. The questions will be based on the twelfth class of the majority of the nation’s major boards.
MU OET 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who have booked their test slots before the last date as per the booking schedule.
- The admit card will have to be downloaded. It will not be sent through fax or post.
- This card will be generated twenty-four hours after the booking of the schedule through OTBS or Online Test Booking System.
- In the case of any discrepancies, the candidates will need to bring them to the Manipal University’s notice.
- For downloading the admit card, the candidates will need to enter their application form number and password.
- A copy of this card will be emailed to the candidates. Hence, it will be necessary to give the correct email id while filling the application form.
- Candidates must take 2 printouts of the admit card on paper of A4 size only.
- The details present on the card must be visible clearly. This holds true, especially for signature and photo.
- It must not be defaced. Additionally, any information present on it must not be changed after its authentication and receipt at the university’s admission office.
- In addition to the admit card, the candidates will need to bring the application form’s photocopy and one photo ID on the day of the exam.
MU OET 2018 Result
The result or the rank list of MU OET 2018 will form the basis of admissions in the institutes participating in MU OET 2018. The result of the exam will contain the marks obtained by the candidates along with their rank.
MU OET 2018 Cutoff
- The university will declare the minimum marks that must be scored by the candidates for attending the counseling procedure’s first round.
- The cutoff will depend on the cutoffs of previous years, seat intake, the number of applicants, and the difficulty level.
- The cutoff ranks must be checked by the candidates for checking their possibility of getting shortlisted for the counseling procedure.
MU OET 2018 Counseling Procedure
The counseling procedure will contain four rounds. These rounds are discussed below:
- This round will consist of the filling of the choices.
- Candidates will have to log in for filling their preferred choices.
- Within a specified period, they will be able to alter the options.
- For future use, the options list’s printout must be taken by the candidates.
- The information regarding the up gradation, status quo, and first-time allotment will be sent individually to the candidates.
- This round will consist of document verification as well as the biometric process.
- Additionally, the candidates will need to pay eleven thousand rupees.
- Those not appearing in the counseling’s first round will not have the eligibility for the 2nd round.
Round 3 and 4
- Those candidates who are not able to appear in the first round will have to pay eleven thousand rupees for appearing in the counseling’s third or fourth round.
- They will need to report to the counseling centers, that is, Sikkim, Jaipur or Manipal on the dates specified to them for verification of documents and biometric test.