MICAT 2018: MICAT or MICA Admission Test is an entrance exam held for admitting suitable candidates into the PGDM-C or Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Communications course of the MICA Institute of Ahmadabad. Thousands of students take the MICAT exam to get admission into this prestigious institute. All information regarding MICAT 2018 is provided in this article.
MICAT 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates will be required to have a graduate degree from an institution or university recognized by either AIU (Association of Indian Universities) or by the Government.
- A graduate degree in any field will be sufficient.
- All those appearing for the bachelor degree’s final year exam will also be eligible for the same.
- Valid scores in at least GMAT, XAT or CAT will be a must for all candidates.
MICAT 2018 Application Form
- Candidates will need to register themselves before applying for the exam.
- The application form of MICAT 2018 can be filled only through the online mode.
- There will be three steps pertaining to the application form filling procedure. These are:
- Candidates will obtain a user id as well as a password after reading the instructions, and registering themselves on the official website of MICAT. These details must be kept safe since they will be used for logging in on the website later.
Filling the form:
- After logging into the MICAT’s official website, candidates will have to fill the correct details in the form and submit it.
- There will be numerous sections in the application form, like personal details, training programs, work experience, education, extracurricular activities, personal statement and payment details.
- All details must be filled correctly since the shortlisting will be done on the basis of the candidate’s work and academic records.
Payment of Fee:
- Candidates will need to submit the required application fee to finish the application form filling procedure.
- The offline or online mode of payment can be selected for submitting the application fee.
- A fee of nineteen hundred and sixty-five rupees will need to be submitted by the candidates of all categories.
- The application fee submitted by the candidates will not be refundable.
- The website where the application form is being filled will contain numerous gateways for online payment of fees. These can be used by the candidates to make the online payment.
- Alternatively, they can pay the same through the demand draft.
- All those who are using demand draft for paying the application fee will have to take a printout of the PAF or payment advice form, self-attest it, and post it at the postal address of the MICA office along with the demand draft.
The application form can be previewed by the candidates in this step before submitting it.
MICAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of MICAT is as follows:
- The exam will be taken in the online mode.
- Candidates will be assessed on topics such as contemporary business and social issues, written communication abilities, thinking abilities and general awareness.
- There will be two sections in MICAT exam, sections I and II.
- Section I will contain four descriptive questions, and will be based on essay writing, story writing, and argument writing.
- There will be three parts in section II. Part one will be a psychometric test, whereas parts two and three will be based on verbal ability and general knowledge respectively.
- Two hours and five minutes will be given to the candidates to complete the exam.
- Thirty-five minute will be given to complete section I, and ninety minutes will be provided to finish section II of the exam.
- No extra time will be given; hence candidates must finish the exam within the time slot allotted to them.
Number of Questions:
- As discussed above, there will be four descriptive questions in section I.
- Part one of Section II will have thirty statements, whereas parts two and three will have twenty-five and thirty-five questions respectively.
- Section I and section II’s part one will not be subjected to any negative marking scheme. 0.4 marks will be deducted for every wrong response in parts two and three of section II.
MICAT 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card of MICAT 2018 will be accessible on the institute’s official website.
- The hall ticket will be accessible only to those who have submitted the application form successfully.
- The MICAT 2018 hall ticket is an essential document, and will need to be produced by the candidates to the invigilator in the examination hall.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall in the absence of this document.
- The information furnished by the admit card will include the details related to the exam, the candidates’ and the venue.
MICAT 2018 Result
- The result of MICAT will consist of the names of all those who are chosen for the selection procedure.
- The official website of MICAT will be displaying MICAT 2018 result.
- An email pertaining to the short listing of the candidates will be sent to the candidates by the MICA institute.
MICAT 2018 Selection Procedure
For availing the final admissions, the following three steps must be followed:
- The first step involves qualifying the management entrance exam that is conducted at the national level. The scorecards of any one of these three exams will be sufficient: GMAT (from 2012), XAT 2018 or CAT 2018.
- The second step will consist of clearing the online MICAT 2018 entrance exam.
- Candidates who have qualified the written test, and have obtained equal to or more than the cutoff marks that has been declared by the MICA institute will be called for GE or Group Exercise and PI or Personal Interview.
- The overall personality of the candidates, as well as their knowledge, clarity in thought, determination, and teamwork will be assessed in the Group Exercise as well as Personal Interview Rounds.
- All those who will be shortlisted for group exercise and personal interview will obtain their call letters from the concerned authorities. These call letters will furnish information regarding the schedule of group exercise and personal interview.