Last Updated On May 31st, 2017 at 08:23 pm
MHT CET 2018 (or) MH CET 2018: Maharashtra Common Entrance Exam is a state level entrance exam conducted every year by the Government of Maharashtra. Candidates who qualify this exam are granted admission to the courses of pharmacy, technology, engineering and health sciences. Numerous universities and colleges in Maharashtra that offer the stated courses, participate in MHE CET. Candidates can get all details regarding the MHT CET in this article.
MHT CET/ MH CET 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility requirements for different courses are as follows:
Engineering and Technology
- There will be no minimum and maximum age for the candidates appearing in the exam of this course.
- Candidates must have cleared the HSC exam from a government recognized board.
- They must have studied English, Mathematics, Physics and Technical Vocational Subject/Biotechnology/Chemistry/Biology.
- Only those candidates who have secured at least fifty percent aggregate marks (forty-five percent for the reserved category candidates) will be eligible for the exam. This condition is applicable for those who have Maharashtra state domiciliary only.
- All those who will be appearing at the HSC examination may also apply for MHE CET 2018.
- Candidates must be of Indian nationality.
- Candidates who have cleared the twelfth class exam from the State Board of Maharashtra with Math/biotechnology/biology/technical vocational subject, physics, English and chemistry as the core subjects will have the eligibility for MHT CET 2018.
- Like in the Engineering courses, there will be no age limit.
- For the candidates belonging to the PWD and the backward classes, the minimum aggregate marks will be forty percent (forty-five percent for the general category candidates).
- The birth date of the candidates must fall on or before December 31, 2000.
- They must have cleared the HSC exam with core subjects like Biology (Zoology and Botany), Physics, English, and Chemistry.
MHT CET/MH CET 2018 Application Form
Application forms for MHT CET 2018 will be available only on the official website of MHT CET 2018. The following information will provide steps for filling the application form
Candidates will be required to provide all details for doing the online registration. These details consist of personal information and uploading the signature and passport size photo. The photo being uploaded must be in accordance with the specifications given on the website.
Filling in the Online Application Form
For the first login, candidates will need to enter their mobile number, valid email id, and a password. These three details must be retained by the candidates in order to download the admit card of MHT CET 2018. Additionally, these details will be used for future references. Candidates may then continue filling up the educational information and complete this step.
Uploading Photo and Signature
Uploading the scanned color photo as well as the signature is compulsory for all candidates who are filling the application form for the exam. The size of both these files must not be more than fifty kilobytes.
Candidates must upload only the recently snapped photo. The photo must be taken with a white background. The candidate’s face should be clearly visible on it.
The signature must be done using a black pen on a white paper. After the signature as well as the photo is uploaded successfully, the candidates may move further and pay the application fee of MHT CET 2018.
Payment of Application Fee
The application fee will have to be submitted only through the bank challan that is generated by the system. A printout of this challan must be taken out on a paper of A4 size. It will contain information like the candidate’s name, phone number, registration number and the registration date. The fee will have to be submitted through any branch of the SBI Bank.
The fee must be submitted after forty-eight hours of the candidate’s registration. The bank will enter the payment date, the name of the branch, transaction id and the branch code on the challan after the payment of the fee. The bank’s copy will be retained, and the rest will be given back to the candidate.
Completion of the form
Candidates must log in after twenty-hours of the payment. This must be done for confirming the updating of the payment date and transaction id. If the updating has been done, then by clicking the link labeled ‘generate the confirmation page’, the candidates must take the page’s printout and secure it for further procedures.
MHT CET/MH CET Exam Pattern
- There will be three papers MHT CET exam, paper A, B and C. Paper A will include questions from chemistry and physics. Paper B will include questions from biology. Mathematics will be covered in the paper C.
- All papers will be based on the syllabus of the twelfth class of Maharashtra State Board.
- Candidates opting for the health science courses must appear in papers A and B, whereas those opting for engineering courses must appear in papers A and C. The aspirants of pharmacy courses will be required to attempt the paper A and have to appear either in paper B or C.
- All papers will be of one hour and thirty minutes time duration.
MHT CET/MH CET 2018 Admit Card
In order to download the admit card, the candidates will first need to visit the exam’s official website. They will then need to log in by utilizing their registration id as well as the password. After clicking the link named ‘Admit Card’, they will be able to download their hall ticket for the exam. Candidates must check all details present on the admit card. These details will include the candidate’s name, exam venue, exam duration, roll number and some general instructions.
MHT CET/MH CET 2018 Result
The result of MHT CET 2018 will be displayed on the official website of the exam. The result will consist of the exam score secured by the candidates. The answer key will be available for the candidates.
MHT CET/MH CET 2018 Counseling
The following discusses the steps involved in the counseling procedure of MHT CET 2018:
All those who have cleared MHT CET 2018 and wishes to appear in the counseling procedure must first complete the online registration process. In this step, the candidates will first need to specify the exam they have appeared in, that is, JEE (Main) 2018 Paper 1 or MHT CET 2018. After Specifying the exam and nationality, the candidates may proceed to the next step.
After clicking on the right options, the candidates will then have to click on the link ‘save and proceed’. In doing this, a new page will be displayed. The candidates will need to submit their communication, personal and security details, and select a password.
After completing the second step, the candidates will have to enter their qualification details. They must enter their overall as well as subject wise marks of classes tenth and twelfth. They will also have to mention their education board from which they have passed their exams. Afterward, exam details must be mentioned.
Uploading Photo and Signature
Candidates must upload their signature and photo as per the specifications and instructions mentioned on the website.
The last step will involve the payment of the fee. Candidates will have to pay this fee through the online mode.