MAH CET 2018: MAH CET or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is an entrance exam organized and conducted for admitting selected candidates in PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma Course in Management, MMS or Master of Management Studies and MBA or Master of Business Administration. MAH CET aspirants can find full information about the MAH CET 2018 exam in this article.
MAH CET 2018 Eligibility
The following are the eligibility requirements for those who desire to appear in the MAH CET exam:
Candidates must have the Indian Nationality.
- A graduate degree of at least three-year duration from a university or institute recognized by the central or the state government is mandatory.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of fifty percent marks in the qualifying exam. The minimum marks for the reserved category candidates having Maharashtra domicile are forty-five percent.
- Final year students may also apply. Such candidates will have to present the qualification documents at the counseling and allotment processes.
- A minimum of thirty marks must have been secured by the candidates in the MBA entrance exam of the state.
- Candidates will have to attend the GD as well as PI rounds held by the DTE Maharashtra for the final allotment process.
All India Candidates:
- Appearing in any one of the following management exams is a must: AIMA, XAT, CAT, JMET or MAT.
- It is mandatory to appear in the group discussion and personal interview rounds for the final allotment of the courses.
MAH CET 2018 Application Form
- The procedure of filling the application form of the MAH CET exam will involve the online mode.
- Candidates will have to open the official website of MAH CET 2018.
- The link named ‘New Registration’ must be opened.
- The required details such as the candidate’s name, email id and contact details must be filled.
- A registration number, as well as password, will be displayed on the computer screen after the details are submitted successfully. Additionally, the candidates will receive an SMA and email indicating the same.
- The scanned copies of the signature and photo must then be uploaded in accordance with the guidelines given on the website.
- After doing the above, the other details must be filled in the application form.
- Before submitting the filled application form, candidates must verify the submitted information.
- The payment link must then be clicked to pay the application fee.
- Payment modes and Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid using either the offline or the online mode.
- The fee will be non-transferable and non-refundable.
- In the offline mode, the challan provided on the DTE’s official portal must be downloaded by the candidates. They must deposit the same at any Axis Bank branch. The payment receipt will be given to them once the fee is paid successfully. The payment details must then be updated by the candidates in the application form.
- In the online mode, the fee will be deposited using the net banking or the debit/credit card. The fee receipt must then be downloaded and its printout is generated after the successful payment of the fee.
MAH CET Exam Pattern
The following are the details pertaining to the exam pattern of MAH CET:
- The online mode will be used for conducting the exam.
- Only the English language will be used in the question paper.
- The MCQ format will be used for all questions in the question paper.
- The question paper will have two hundred questions.
- One hundred and fifty minutes will be given to the candidates to solve all the questions.
- For every right answer, one mark will be given.
- No mark will be deducted for wrong answers.
- The question paper will have four sections, namely, verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, reading comprehension and abstract/logical reasoning.
MAH CET 2018 Admit Card
Steps for downloading MAH CET hall ticket
- Candidates must first open the DTE website.
- The link labeled ‘Download Hall Ticket’ must be clicked. This link will be present on the webpage’s left side.
- The details such as birth date and registration number must be entered by the candidates.
- After clicking the button named ‘Submit’, the hall ticket will be displayed on the screen, which can be printed out by the candidates.
- The following information will be included in the hall ticket: candidate’s name, gender, address and name of the test center, important instructions, candidate’s photo, communication address, and test slot and date.
- No candidate will be sent the hard copy of the admit card. Hence, the candidates must preserve the printouts of admit card carefully, since it will be used on the day of the exam, as well as during the entire process of admission.
MAH CET 2018 Result
- Candidates will be able to access their MAH CET 2018 result using the online mode.
- Candidates will see their result in the form of a scorecard.
- All those who secure marks equal to or more than the cutoff marks declared by the DTE will be selected for the CAP or Centralized Admission Process.
- After the CAP round conducted at the institutes participating in MAH CET 2018 are concluded, the final result of the candidates will be released.
- The candidate’s AIR or All India Rank, and their university and state level ranks will be disclosed in the final result.
- The scorecard of the candidates will be considered by all participating business schools or colleges for admission.
- The cutoff marks’ application will be used for selecting the candidates for the admission process’s next round.
- A merit number will be assigned to those candidates who cross the cutoff benchmark.
- No candidate will obtain the result through the post.
- Candidates will need to produce all certificates and documents whenever needed in the MAH CET counseling procedure.
- All original documents as well their photocopies must be carried to the counseling.
- The ARC or Application Form Receipt centers must be visited by the candidates for the participating in the counseling procedure.
CAP or Centralized Admission Process Stages:
- The DTE’s official website must first be accessed on the computer system.
- The ‘Apply Online’ link must be opened, and information such as personal and qualification details, options for the CET centers, etc must be entered.
- Candidates must then check all areas and make modifications if needed.
- The application must then be confirmed by submitting the application fee. The payment can be made either through card or e-challan.
- The number of vacancies left after each round gets finished will decide the number of rounds in the counseling procedure.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility for the first three rounds will need to will the online form for each round.
- Only the Maharashtra State candidates fulfilling the eligibility requirements will be able to attend the fourth round of the counseling procedure.