KMAT 2018: KMAT or Karnataka Management Aptitude Test is an entrance test held for admitting students into a number of professional management courses like MCA, PGDM, and MBA that are offered by numerous institutes and universities of Karnataka. This exam is conducted by KPPGCA or Karnataka Private Post Graduate College Association. All information about KMAT 2018 is provided in this article.
KMAT 2018 Eligibility
Following are the KMAT Eligibility requirements:
- A graduate degree of at least three-year duration or a master’s degree in Technology/Engineering, Arts, Commerce, Social Sciences or Management from any authentic and recognized educational body is mandatory.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of fifty percent marks in their graduate degree. The minimum required marks for the candidates of the SC and ST categories will be forty percent. The relaxation in the eligibility requirements for the candidates of the reserved category will be in accordance with the UGC Guidelines.
- Final year students may also proceed forward and apply for KMAT 2018. These students must finish their graduate degree before the KMAT 2018 admission time. All those who are not able to provide the supporting documents of their graduation will be removed from the admission process.
KMAT 2018 Application Form
- The enclosures required while filling the application form must be arranged beforehand by the candidates.
- The details that will need to be filled in the form includes the candidate’s name, test center choice, course applying for, stream, nativity, gender, birth date, and the communication address.
- A demand draft of one thousand rupees must be drawn from any bank (nationalized) by the candidates before applying for the exam.
- The application fee will be same for all categories and will also be non-refundable.
Guidelines for filling the Application Form:
- The application form of KMAT 2018 will be accessible only through the online mode.
- The official portal of KMAT must be visited.
- The required details must then be filled.
- After clicking on the link named ‘Apply’, the application form must be filled properly. The form’s printout must then be generated.
- On the printout of the form, a passport sized photo must be affixed. Additionally, the candidates will need to provide their signature in the space given for the same.
- More than one photocopy of this form must then be generated.
- The last step will involve the posting of the application form and the demand draft to the KMAT Secretariat.
KMAT Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of KMAT exam will be as follows:
- Candidates will be given one hundred and twenty minutes to finish the exam.
- The exam will be held in a single session only.
- Only the offline mode, that is, pen-paper format will be used for conducting the test.
- Only English medium will be used in the question paper.
- The question paper will be divided into three segments, namely, basic aptitude, mathematical skills and language comprehension.
- Each section will include forty questions. Thus, the total number of questions will be one hundred and twenty.
- No deduction of marks will be done for incorrect answers.
- One mark will be given for every right response.
KMAT 2018 Admit Card
Guidelines to download the admit card:
- The KMAT’s official portal must first be opened.
- Candidates must then log in by filling in the details like their registered email id as well as their password. The profile page of the candidate will open if the entered details are correct.
- The profile page will contain the link for downloading the hall ticket of KMAT 2018. This link must be clicked.
- After downloading the hall ticket by doing the above step, a print out of this document must be taken.
- The hall ticket will include details like the candidate’s name, sign, and photo, exam center’s details, time and date of the exam, roll number of the candidates, reporting time, etc.
- The exam officials must be notified as soon as possible in case of any errors in the admit card.
- No candidate will receive his or her admit card through email or post. The hall ticket must be downloaded using the online mode only.
- The hall ticket must have a passport sized photo on it.
- Since the hall ticket will be required at various stages of admission, it must be retained carefully.
KMAT 2018 Result
- The candidates will be able to access the result of KMAT 2018 through the online mode only.
- The result will be displayed on KPPGCA’s official portal.
- The eligible candidates will be allotted seats into the PG management programs that are offered by the universities of the Karnataka state on the basis of their score in the KMAT 2018 exam and their merit status.
- No scorecard will be sent through the post or email to any candidate individually.
- Candidates who desire to seek admission in the MBA courses must retain the scorecard safely.
KMAT 2018 Cutoff
- The cutoff marks will be released by different institutes that are participating in the KMAT exam individually.
- A cutoff list will be published by the institutes. This list will include the minimum marks that must have been secured by the candidates for becoming eligible for admission.
- All those who satisfy the cutoff requirements will be scheduled for further admission rounds.
- The cutoff marks of KMAT 2018 will be greatly affected by the number of available seats.
- The difficulty level of the paper will be another major factor that will influence the cutoff marks.
- The additional factors will include the number of candidates appearing in the exam and passing it.
- Candidates who have obtained marks equal to or greater than the cutoff marks will have the eligibility of participating in the counseling process.
- Candidates who wish to take part in counseling must have their rank confirmed on the basis of the merit list, as well as the counseling dates that will be given on the exam’s official website.
- The counseling center must be chosen carefully by the candidates.
- All those who are selected for the counseling procedure will receive a counseling letter. The original, as well as more than one photocopy of this letter, must be brought by the candidates on the counseling day.
- Other documents that will be needed, includes a bank draft, tenth and twelfth class certificates, hall ticket, exam’s scorecard, the original graduation degree, provisional degree certificate (for final year students), caste certificate (for reserved category candidates), passport sized photos, medical documents etc.