Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:01 pm
KCET 2018: Karnataka Common Entrance Test is an entrance exam conducted by KEA or Karnataka Examination Authority for admission in full-time courses like B.Pharm, Yoga, Unani, Ayurveda, Medical, Pharma-D, Technology, Naturopathy, Homoeopathy and medical. Candidates qualifying this exam are given admission in private and government institutes and universities of Karnataka. The details related to KCET 2018 are provided below:
KCET 2018 Eligibility
The following eligibility requirements must be fulfilled before applying for KCET 2018 application form procedure:
- Candidates must have attended a minimum of seven years of their study period in either a Government recognized institute or a Government institute in Karnataka.
- They must have cleared eleventh and twelfth class from an education board and institute that is recognized by the Karnataka Government.
- At least one parent of the candidates must have studied for a minimum of seven years in Karnataka.
Domicile and Language:
- At least one parent of the candidates must have Karnataka as the domicile state.
- If the native language of the candidate and one of their parent is Kodava, Tulu or Kannada; and have resided in Kannada speaking areas of Taluks, Kasargod or Hosadurga of Kerela; or Gadhinglaj Taluks or Akkalkot of Maharashtra, then the candidate will be eligible for the exam. Such candidates will need to attend the Kannada language examination along with other exams.
KCET 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
The entire procedure of submitting the online application of KCET 2018 is described below:
Candidates will first have to visit the official website of KEA, and click on the link labeled ‘New user? Register here’. Before clicking on the link named ‘Proceed to Apply Online’, all instructions must be read thoroughly.
The next step consists of the filling in the registration form. The information to be filled in this form will include candidate’s nationality and name, mother and father’s name, birth date, gender, email id, mobile number, password, user id, and security code.
Application Number and Logging in:
A unique application number, as well as user id, will be generated after submitting the above information successfully. This will be followed by logging in by the candidates.
Filling in the Application Form:
The application form will then need to be filled after successfully logging in. The details that must be filled will include student information, uploading thumb impression, signature, and photograph, signing the declaration and downloading challan.
Payment of Application Fee:
Submitting the application fee will be the last of the application form procedure. The payment of the fee can be done only through bank challan which must be downloaded from the KEA’s official website. The fee can be submitted through this challan on any State Bank of Mysore branch, Axis Bank branch or State bank of Hyderabad branch. The payment slip obtained after the payment of the fee must be secured till the admission process gets finished.
KCET Exam Pattern
- Candidates would only be able to use black or blue ball point pen.
- The format of the questions in KCET will be MCQ.
- Each section of the question paper will contain sixty questions.
- One mark will be awarded for every correct response. The negative marking scheme will not be applied in this exam.
- For each exam, eighty minutes will be given to the candidates, out of which ten minutes will be given for understanding the paper.
- Candidates will need to place their thumb impression on the answer sheet.
- For qualifying the Kannada language exam, candidates will have to score a minimum of twelve marks.
- For each subject, there will be sixteen different sets.
KCET 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates will have to visit KEA’s official website and click the link labeled ‘ KCET 2018 Admit Card’.
- They will then have to enter information like the user id and password.
- On clicking the ‘Submit’ button, the card will appear on the screen, which must be downloaded by the candidates.
- Additionally, its hard copy must be secured for future references.
KCET 2018 Result
- The result of KCET 2018 will contain the score obtained by the candidates, along with their overall rank.
- The rank of the candidates will form the basis of their counseling schedule.
- For accessing the result, candidates will have to visit the KEA’s official website.
- On clicking and opening the result window, candidates will need to submit their registration number of KCET 2018.
KCET 2018 Counseling Procedure
The following steps must be followed for participating and completing the counseling procedure:
Candidates will need to report to a helpline center in accordance with their prescribed schedule. They will be required to register themselves at these centers by utilizing their application number of KCET 2018.
Candidates must report to the counseling center at the prescribed time and schedule provided to them. They must carry the original documents with them while reporting. The candidates will be assigned a user id as well as a password after their documents are verified. A unique keyword will be provided at the back of the verification slip. This keyword must be used for logging in. Interactive sessions will be held at the helpline centers to make the candidates understand the seat allotment procedure.
One of the following choices must be exercised by the candidates during the seat allotment procedure, depending on their choices:
- This choice must be exercised in case the candidate has no problem with the allotted seat.
- Candidates will need to obtain three printouts of the challan. They must ensure that the details present in the challan are correct. After downloading and checking it, the candidates will have to submit six hundred and fifty rupees (five hundred rupees for SC/ST categories) at any branch of Syndicate bank, Axis Bank, Central Bank, State Bank of Mysore or Indian Bank.
- The admission order must be downloaded after paying the fee. Candidates will then have to report to the college allotted to them with their original documents.
- This choice must be exercised in case the candidate desires to take part in the counseling’s next round for options of the higher order, even if he or she is satisfied with the allotted seat.
- In this choice, the candidates will not need to pay the first round’s fee. The first round’s seat will be canceled if they obtain a seat in the second round.
- This choice will be exercised in case the candidate does not accept the first round’s seat and take part in the second round in higher order or better options.
- Candidates making this choice will not have to pay the first round’s fee. It will be considered that the candidates have refused the seat allotted to them in the first round, and are taking part in the second round.