Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:01 pm
JCECE 2018: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam is organized and conducted by the JCECE Board for admitting students to numerous undergraduate courses of agricultural, medical and engineering streams. A large number of colleges, institutions, and universities of the Jharkhand state participate in this exam. The course(s) where the score of JCECE is applicable includes agricultural degree programs, veterinary science, BDA, UG engineering courses, forestry, homeopath and MBBS. Candidates seeking for JCECE 2018 may read this article to find more information about the exam’s eligibility criteria, exam pattern, counseling procedure and much more.
JCECE 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility requirements for JCECE are as follows:
- Candidates must have cleared class twelfth or an equivalent exam. They must have studied physics and mathematics as main subjects and any one of the following as the optional subject: biology, biotechnology, technical vocational subject, and chemistry.
- They must have obtained a minimum of forty-five percent marks (unreserved category) and forty percent marks (reserved category) in the twelfth class exam.
- All those who will be appearing in the twelfth class exam will also be eligible to apply, but they must pass the exam before the counseling procedure of JCECE 2018 commences.
- Candidates must have cleared English, biotechnology or biology, physics, and chemistry individually.
- They must have secured a minimum of fifty percent aggregate marks (unreserved category) and forty percent aggregate marks (reserved category) in the class twelfth exam.
- Candidates appearing in the class twelfth exam may also proceed with the application form filling procedure, provided they clear the exam before the JCECE’s counseling procedure starts.
Forestry and Agricultural Courses
- For forestry and agricultural courses, the HSC exam must have been cleared with chemistry and physics as the core subjects and math or biology as the optional subjects.
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Courses
- For animal husbandry and veterinary courses, they must have cleared the HSC exam with biology, chemistry, and physics as the primary subjects.
- The age limit for engineering courses is none.
- The age of the candidates applying for the medical courses must not be less than seventeen years.
- For forestry and agricultural courses, the candidate’s age must not be more than twenty-three years (reserved category) and twenty-two years (general category).
JCECE 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
Candidates will be able to fill JCECE application form through offline or online mode. Both these modes are described below:
Candidates filling the application form through this mode will have to either download the form from the ICR’s official website or will have to purchase the same from the post offices.
The following discusses the steps involved in the online mode:
- Candidates will first have to visit the ICR’s official website and click the link named ‘Apply for JCECE 2018’.
- The second step will involve the filling of the details in the registration form. These details include the name of the candidate, father’s name, birth date, and mobile number, subject group applying for, gender, category, and email id.
- After signing the declaration and clicking on the button labeled ‘submit’, the registration process is completed successfully.
- After completing the registration, candidates will be allotted a unique registration id. They will then need to log in by entering this id, and birth date, and fill details that are asked on the application form.
- Various educational, personal and communication details will have to be entered into the application form by the candidates.
- After entering the correct information, candidates must upload their thumb impression, signature, and photograph.
- The last step involves the payment of the application fee. The payment can be made either through bank challan, net banking or credit/debit card.
JCECE Exam Pattern
- There will be two subject groups – PCM and PCMB. In PCM, the subjects involved will be physics, chemistry, and math; whereas in PCMB, the subjects will be physics, chemistry, math, and biology.
- In each subject group, fifty questions will be asked from each subject.
- Each question will carry one mark. One-fourth marks will be deducted for every wrong response.
- There will be no deductions in case a question is not attempted.
- Both English, as well as Hindi, will be used in the question paper.
JCECE 2018 Admit Card
- The official website of JCECE must be visited to download the admit card.
- Candidates will need to provide the registration number of JCECE 2018 and password for logging in. They will be able to access the admit card’s soft copy.
- Candidates must verify all details mentioned in the admit card before taking its print out. Any discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the JCECE Board for immediate rectifications.
JCECE 2018 Result
- Candidates will be able to check their result of JCECE exam on the official website of JCECE Board.
- On clicking the link named ‘JCECE 2018 Result’, a small portal will come up on the screen where the candidates will have to enter their login details.
- After submitting the correct details, the result of the candidate will be displayed on the computer screen.
- The result must be downloaded and its hard copies must be retained by the candidates.
- The requests of re-evaluation will not be entertained.
- The merit list will be made on the basis of the result of JCECE. Separate merit lists will be released for general and reserved categories.
- Candidates who successfully qualify the exam will be called for the counseling procedure.
- The stages involved in the JCECE counseling procedure will be online registration, filling of choices, locking their choices, seat allotment, and seat confirmation, verification of documents, fee payment and reporting to the institute allotted to the candidates.
- The counseling procedure will involve two phases, first and second.
- The first phase of the counseling will involve the counseling of all listed seats.
- All seats that will be left after the completion of the first phase will be included in the second phase of the counseling.
- Candidates will need to pay a fee of three hundred rupees (two hundred and fifty rupees for reserved category candidates). The fee can be submitted through challan obtained from the JCECEB’s official website.
- The documents needed for JCECE counseling procedure will include the application form’s confirmation page, the score card of JCECE 2018 exam, domicile certificate, birth certificate, admit card of JCECE 2018, admit card, passing certificate and mark sheet of classes tenth and twelfth, caste certificate, and challan receipt.