Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:00 pm
HPCET 2018: Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Exam is conducted by HPTU or Himachal Pradesh Technical University for those who desire to get admitted to MCA, B.Pharmacy (Ayurveda), M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharmacy, B.Pharmacy or B.Tech programs. This article discusses all details pertaining to this state level exam.
HPCET 2018 Eligibility
HPTU has established certain eligibility requirements for all candidates who aspire to give the HPCET exam. These requirements for different courses are provided below:
- Aspiring candidates must have cleared the twelfth class exam from an authentic and recognized board of education.
- They must have had mathematics and physics as the main subjects, with any one of the following: biology/biotechnology/chemistry.
- The minimum marks for the qualifying exam for the candidates of the unreserved category will be forty-five percent. The same will be forty percent for the candidates of SC/ST and OBC.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree of at least three-year duration with a minimum of fifty percent marks (forty-five percent for reserved category candidates).
Pharm (Direct Entry)
- Candidates must have cleared the twelfth class exam with chemistry and physics as the primary subjects and any one of the following subjects: Technical vocational subject/biotechnology/mathematics/biology. The minimum marks will be same as that of B.Tech.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with a minimum of fifty percent marks (forty-five percent for the candidates of reserved category) would suffice for this course.
- Pharmacy’s bachelor degree with at least fifty percent marks will be sufficient for those who desire to apply for this degree.
- Candidates must possess a three-year bachelor’s degree with mathematics as the core subject at twelfth class level.
HPCET 2018 Application Form
The steps given below will need to be taken for filling the application form:
- Candidates must access the university’s official website to fill the form.
- After reading all the instructions given on the website will then have to click the button labeled ‘Registration’.
- Candidates must enter details like their name, birth date, mobile number, username, email id and password carefully.
- After the application is submitted successfully, an application number will be assigned to the candidates. It will have to be secured for future use.
- The candidates must then log in by submitting their username, application number, and password.
- Basic details must be then entered, and scanned files of signature and photograph will need to be uploaded.
- The next step will involve the payment of application fee either through challan or debit/credit card.
- After the submission of the fee, the applicants will have to fill the rest of the form. After the submission of the form, a confirmation page will be generated, which must be secured for future references.
- The confirmation page must be attested by the candidate’s parent.
- Candidates will have to pay the application fee through the online or the offline mode for completing the .application form submission procedure. They will need to use a debit/credit card in the online mode, whereas a challan will have to be downloaded in the offline mode. The latter must be submitted to any PNB branch.
HPCET Exam Pattern
- HPCET 2018 will be conducted in pen and paper format, that is, in the offline mode only. An OMR sheet will be given to the candidates for marking the answers.
- The total time duration of the exam will be three hours. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall in case they reach late.
- Candidates will need to carry the original admit card and an id proof to enter the exam hall.
- For marking the responses, only blue or black ball point pen must be used.
- The questions will be given in English language only. Any alternate language mode or question paper will not be provided for the exam.
- The questions will be of objective type.
- The questions will be asked from the eleventh and twelfth class syllabus of the state education board as well as CBSE.
- The question paper will be divided into physics, chemistry, and math sections. Each section will contain fifty questions, and will be of one hundred marks each. Thus, the total marks will be three hundred.
- Each right answer will fetch two marks.
- Un-attempted questions will not be marked.
- Half marks will be taken for every wrong answer.
- Multiple responses to the same question will be regarded as incorrect and hence, will be subject to half a mark deduction.
HPCET 2018 Admit Card
The steps provided below must be followed for downloading the admit card of HPCET 2018.
- The university’s official website must be accessed first by the candidates.
- The website’s homepage will contain the link names ‘download the admit card’. Candidates must find it and click it to proceed further.
- The application number must be entered and the program present in the drop down menu needs to be chosen in this step.
- Alternatively, the candidates may also enter their name, program and birth date for the same.
- After the verification of details, the button labeled ‘submit’ must be clicked.
- The admit card will then be displayed on the screen. It must be saved by pressing the ‘save’ command.
- After taking its printout, it must be kept safe till the admission procedure gets finished.
HPCET 2018 Result
- The HPCET 2018 result will be declared by HPTU at a specified date.
- Candidates must access the official website of the university to obtain the details of the result.
- Before announcing the result, an answer key of the exam will be published by the university. Any complaints regarding the question papers as well as the answer key must be forwarded within two days after the answer key’s publication.
- The result that will be declared by HPTU will be provisional.
- The rank or aggregate marks obtain by the candidates will form the basis of their merit rank. The merit list will be displayed on the university’s official website.
HPCET 2018 Counseling Procedure
The counseling rounds will be conducted through the JEE Main 2018 exam. The merit ranks of HPCET 2018 will be considered for the remaining seats. Candidates will need to mark their desired courses and colleges in the preferences’ decreasing order during the counseling procedure. Once marked, the choices will not be altered. The seats will then be allotted depending on the reservation norms, vacancies, rank, choices filled and availability of seats.