Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:00 pm
Gujarat PGCET 2018: Post Graduate Common Entrance Exam is conducted for filling ME seats in self-financed, grant-in-aid and government institutes in Gujarat. The ACPC or Admission Committee for Professional Courses is responsible for organizing and conducting this exam. It must be noted that although ninety-five percent of the seats are reserved for the candidates of the Gujarat state, the remaining five percent is considered for those who belong to states other than Gujarat.All information about Gujarat PGCET is provided below:
Gujarat PGCET 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility requirements for the candidates aspiring for Gujarat PGCET 2018 are as follows:
- Candidates must possess either BE or B.Tech degree. The minimum aggregate marks for the candidates of general category will be fifty percent. The same for the candidates of the reserved category will be forty-five percent.
- Candidates who are still in their final year of the degree program may apply for the exam. The only condition that accompanies this requirement is that they will be required to present the mark sheet of the qualifying exam and their provisional degree certificate before the date of admission.
- All those who have a valid score card of the GATE exam will not need to give Gujarat PGCET 2018. But at the same time, they will have to apply like the non-GATE candidates for this exam in a regular manner. Additionally, they will be preferred over the non-GATE candidates.
- Candidates who have cleared section A as well as B exam of IICE, Kolkata; AMIETE, New Delhi or Institution of Engineers, Kolkata will also have the eligibility to apply for the exam.
Gujarat PGCET 2018 Application Form
The following discusses the steps for filling the application form of Gujarat PGCET 2018:
- The first step involves the purchasing of PIN from the designated branches of PNB.
- A fee of rupees one thousand will have to be submitted for purchasing this PIN.
- The PIN will consist of the user ID as well as the password that must be utilized for filling the application form of Gujarat PGCET 2018.
- All those who desire to apply in more than one course for M.Tech will need to buy separate PINs for each course.
- This step consists of registration and filling of the application form.
- Candidates will need to register themselves by visiting the official website and clicking the link named ‘New User’. This will be followed by clicking the ‘New Registration’ link.
- After this, they will have to select the desired course(s).
- Next, the candidates will need to submit the user Id, PIN and the green number for accessing the registration form.
- They must then enter their GATE details, qualifying exam details, personal details and any other information asked in the form.
- Next, a suitable password will be entered for future log in.
- After entering the address details, candidates will have to upload a passport size color photograph.
- After filling the application form correctly, the candidates must then submit the filled application form.
- A registration number will be generated by the system after the form is submitted successfully. For any communication purposes, candidates will need to use this number and user id.
- After clicking the ‘Confirm’ button, two printouts of the form must be taken by the candidates,
- Candidates will not be able to edit the form once the confirmation button is clicked.
- Candidates will need to get the application and registration form verified at any of the help centers. These centers will be set up by the conducting body for the same.
- Candidates will need to present certain documents with their self-attested photocopies.
- They will obtain the admit card for the exam once the documents are verified.
- If a candidate applies for more than one course, then a separate admit card will be issued for each course.
Gujarat PGCET Exam Pattern
- Candidates will be given ninety minutes to finish the exam.
- A total of one hundred questions of the MCQ format will be given in the exam.
- Only English Language will be used in the paper.
- The negative marking scheme will not be used.
- All questions will be based on the engineering syllabus of the candidate’s respective discipline. Around twenty percent weightage will be given to mathematics.
Gujarat PGCET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates will obtain the registration acknowledgment after submitting the application form at the help center. Both these documents will need to be carried into the exam hall, along with a photo id.
Gujarat PGCET 2018 Result
- The conducting body will announce the result of Gujarat PGCET 2018 at a prescribed date.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for the Gujarat PGCET candidates and the GATE qualified candidates.
- The preparation of these lists will be done on the basis of discipline.
- The first list will be for the candidates who have already qualified the GATE exam. The score obtained in GATE will form the basis of this list.
- The second list will be for the applicants of Gujarat PGCET 2018 who have cleared the exam successfully.
- The merit list for the candidates of the reserved category will be made separately.
Gujarat PGCET 2018 Counseling Procedure
- The counseling procedure of Gujarat PGCET 2018 will consist of two rounds.
- The body organizing and conducting the counseling will hold a trial round first for allowing students to have an experience of the procedure.
- After the trial round, the first round of the counseling will take place.
- Candidates will need to use their PIN and password for logging in and filling their choices.
- Like the trial round, the conducting body will announce the mock allotment for allowing candidates to get used to the seat allotment process.
- The candidates will be able to edit their choices after the mock allotment’s announcement.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of the candidates’ merit rank, availability of the seats and the candidates’ choices.
- The seats allotted will have to be checked by logging in. Additionally, ten thousand rupees will have to be submitted as admission fee.
- Candidates will have to attend the help center in person after submitting the admission fee for verification of their documents.
- Apart from all the original documents specified by the conducting body, the candidates will have to carry the payment receipt. They will obtain the provisional admission letter after the verification gets completed.
- The candidates will then have to attend the colleges and submit the remaining fee in accordance with the specifications of the college.