Last Updated On August 2nd, 2016 at 07:25 am
GCET 2018: Goa Common Entrance Test is conducted by the DTE or Directorate of Technical Education of Goa. All those who reside in Goa and wish to take the undergraduate degree courses like architecture, medical and engineering appear in this exam. Candidates who qualify this exam are given admission in the government and private engineering and medical colleges of Goa. This article will provide complete information pertaining to GCET 2018.
GCET 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility requirements of GCET are stated below:
- Only the Indian nationalists who fulfill the eligibility requirements of various categories will be eligible to appear for this exam.
- NRI or non-resident Indians who possess an Indian passport will also be eligible under the NRI category.
- OCI or Overseas Citizens of India and PIO or Persons of Indian Origin cardholders may also apply under the NRI category.
- The age of candidates wishing to apply for the degree courses like allied health sciences, homeopathy, medicine, nursing, Ayurveda, and dentistry must not be less than seventeen years.
- There will no restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Architecture, Pharmacy, and Engineering.
Qualifying Exam and Minimum Marks
- AHS, BDS, MBBS and BHMS
Candidates must have cleared the HSC exam and SSC exam of the Goa Board with English, biology, chemistry, and physics as the main subjects. They must have obtained at least fifty percent marks (for the candidates of the general category). The minimum marks for SC, ST, and OBC candidates will be forty percent and forty-five percent for the PH category candidates.
- BE First year
Candidates must have passed class tenth and twelfth exam of Goa board of secondary as well as higher secondary education with mathematics, physics, English and chemistry as the primary subjects. The minimum marks for the general category, and SC/St/OBC category will be forty-five percent and forty percent respectively.
- BSc in Nursing
HSSC must have been cleared by the candidates with core subjects like biology, chemistry, and physics. They must have obtained at least forty-five percent marks for the unreserved category. The same for SC/ST/OBC will be forty percent.
GCET 2018 Application Form
To apply for GCET, candidates will need to fill the application form. There will be two forms for this exam, form A, and B. They can access the form online. For submitting the form properly, the following steps need to be followed:
- Candidates must first access the exam’s official website for accessing the application form.
- The form must then be downloaded in a sheet of A4 size.
- The form downloaded by the candidates will have to fill properly and correctly. Precise information must be given and the handwriting must be clear.
- Candidates will need to affix a passport sized photo in the given space of the application form.
- A demand draft of fifteen hundred rupees must be prepared for paying the application fee.
- The application form will then need to the submitted, along with three photos and DD at DTE office of Goa.
- Candidates will have to submit the form at the application reception center in person. The form will be rejected in case it is emailed or posted to DTE.
- The DD will be the only mode of the application fee payment.
GCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of GCET Exam is discussed below:
- The total time duration given to the candidates for completing the exam will be two hours.
- The paper will comprise of three sections, A, B, and C; and will be dedicated to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics respectively.
- Candidates will need to give one hundred and two minutes to each section.
- Each section will have seventy-five questions. The total number of questions asked in the exam will be two hundred and twenty-five.
- The questions asked in the exam will be based on the syllabus of classes eleventh and twelfth.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be added, and no mark will be taken for incorrect answers.
GCET 2018 Admit Card
- As described above, the various procedures of GCET 2018 will be offline. Candidates will be required to submit their filled application form offline for attaining the admit card. Once the correct application form and application fee are submitted, an admit card will be issued to the candidate. It will not be emailed or posted, nor can it be downloaded from the official website of the exam.
- The admit card of GCET will not be issued to those who have submitted incomplete documents and/or application form. Candidates will not be able to enter the exam hall in the absence of this card.
- Another thing to note is that once, issued, the admit card will not be reissued. Hence, it must be secured properly by the candidates.
- Candidates will need to bring only the original admit card to the venue of the exam. No photocopy will be accepted.
- The admit card will include details like roll number, details of venue, exam schedule, candidate’s photo, name, birth details, etc.
GCET 2018 Result
- The result of the GCET 2018 exam will be declared by the DTE or Directorate of Technical Education in Goa.
- The DTE’s official website will host the result of the exam.
- The result will contain the score secured by the candidates.
- A provisional, as well as the final merit list, will be declared by DTE after the result of the entrance exam is declared. Candidates will be called for the counseling procedure on the basis of their position in these lists.
GCET Counseling Procedure
- The counseling schedule and the selected candidates’ list of GCET 2018 must be checked by the candidates for participating in the counseling procedure.
- The counseling must be personally attended by the candidates.
- Candidates must carry the acknowledgment card with them, along with the admission fee and the specified documents.
- Candidates will have to select the seat on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
- The reserved categories’ vacant seats will be merged with the general category at the end of each round of the admission process.
- The documents that must be carried by the candidates for the counseling procedure include tenth and twelfth class mark sheets, caste certificate, rank card of GCET 2018, passport size photo, passing certificates of the tenth and twelfth class, domicile certificate and character certificate.