Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 03:36 pm
DU BMS CET 2018: DU BMS CET or the DU Bachelor of Management Studies Common Entrance Test is now known as DU JAT or the DU Joint Admission Test. This is a national level entrance test held for admitting students in different management courses offered by the University of Delhi and its affiliated colleges. The following include all information about DU BMS CET 2018.
DU BMS CET 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates must have appeared or passed the SSC exam conducted by CBSE or other exams that are considered equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- Candidates of the general category must have secured a minimum of sixty percent marks in four subjects of the SSC exam. These subjects include mathematics, English, and the additional two subjects from the elective subjects’ list as specified by the DU.
- The minimum marks for the reserved category candidates in the SSC exam will be fifty-five percent. The other requirements will be similar to that of the general category.
- The passing marks must have been secured by the candidates in each of the four subjects mentioned in the above educational requirement.
- All those who have one or more compartment in the SSC exam of the current year, or are taking the improvement exam in class twelfth will not be eligible for the exam.
- Candidates of foreign nationality wishing to get admitted into BA, BBA or BMS courses will need to apply via the FSA or Foreign Student Adviser in accordance with the rules of the DU.
DU BMS CET 2018 Application Form
Steps for filling the online application form:
- Candidates must open the official portal of the DU to access the application form.
- They will then need to open the registration page. Under the option named ‘New User?’ the candidates will need to click on the link labeled ‘Register Here’.
- They will have to fill in personal details for the registration process after doing the above step. Additionally, they will have to provide a valid and authentic email id and password.
- After submitting all details, candidates will be allotted a unique registration number. The application form can then be filled by logging in using the registration number and password.
- Candidates will have to fill information like educational details, preference of exam date and test center, personal details, contact details, etc. Before submitting them, the form must be reviewed thoroughly.
- Candidates will then need to upload certain items, such as, the scanned images of candidates’ sign and photo, copies of the applicant’s identity proof, such as the passport, voter’s identity card, driving license, college identity card, PAN card and Aadhar card, and copies of the caste certificate and tenth class certificate.
- This step includes the payment of the registration fee. Candidates may use the net banking or debit/credit card to make the payment. The fee for the candidates belonging to the OBC and the general category will be six hundred rupees (for one course). Candidates wishing to opt for two courses will need to pay eight hundred rupees, and one thousand rupees will be for those who wish to opt for three courses.
- For the reserved category candidates, three hundred rupees will be the fee for one course. For two courses, the same will be rupees four hundred, and rupees five hundred will be for three courses.
- At the end of the registration process, a printout of the confirmation page must be generated.
DU BMS CET Exam Pattern
- Two hours will be provided to the candidates for completing the exam.
- Offline mode will be utilized for conducting the exam. This means that the candidates will have to mark the answers by using a blue or black ball point pen on the OMR answer sheet.
- One hundred and twenty questions will be included in the question paper.
- The format of the questions will be objective type.
- The question paper will be segmented into four parts, which include analytical ability & reasoning, general & business awareness, quantitative ability and general English.
- Each part will include thirty questions.
- Three marks will be awarded for each correct response. One mark will be taken for every incorrect answer.
DU BMS CET 2018 Admit Card
Guidelines for Accessing the Admit Card:
- Candidates will have to visit the DU’s official portal to download the hall ticket.
- They will have to provide their registered email id as well as the password to log in.
- After submitting the above-mentioned details, the candidates will have to click on the link named ‘ DU JAT 2018 Hall Ticket’.
- Candidates must download the card, and generate a few printouts of the same.
- Candidates must carry the hall ticket with them since it will be needed to gain entry into the exam hall.
- No candidate will receive the hall ticket via email or post.
- The admit card must be kept safe until the completion of the admission procedure.
DU BMS CET 2018 Result
- The result that will be released by the DU will be final. No re-evaluation requests will be entertained.
- The performance of the candidates in the written exam, their academic profile, and the pre-admission process will form the basis of the preparation of result.
- Steps for accessing the result:
- The official website of DU must be opened.
- The result page displayed on the website will contain the selection status and roll number of the candidates.
- The PDF file containing the result must be saved and retained for future use.
DU BMS CET 2018 Cutoff
- The category wise cutoff list will be released by the DU after the declaration of the DU BMS CET 2018 result.
- Candidates will be chosen for the GD and PI rounds on the basis of the score obtained in the written test and the cutoff marks.
DU BMS CET 2018 Selection Procedure
- The shortlisted candidates must choose the courses and colleges from the options available on the DU’s official website.
- No counseling procedure will take place. Candidates will be allotted the college and course on the basis of the options selected by them. One thing to note is that once the course and college are selected, it will be final. No changes will be allowed at any selection stage.
- The selected candidates will need to attend the GD or Group Discussion and PI or Personal Interview.
- The candidates’ performance in the written test, GD, and the PI rounds will form the basis of their final selection.
- After the selection procedure gets completed, the list of all those who are chosen for the BBA and BMS programs will be published on the university’s website.
- The documents that the candidates will need to be carried in the selection procedure includes the hall ticket of DU BMS CET 2018 exam having the sign of the invigilators, class twelfth mark sheet, parent’s latest certificate of income (only for the OBC candidates), mark sheet of class tenth, and caste certificate issued by the concerned authorities, etc.