Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:03 pm
CG PET 2018: Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test is an entrance exam conducted in the Chhattisgarh state. A large number of institutes and universities of Chhattisgarh participate in this exam. Thousands of candidates take this exam to get admission in the top private and government colleges and universities of the state. All those who are seeking information regarding CG PET 2018 can check out the exam details from this article.
CG PET 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility requirements for CG PET 2018 are stated below:
Only those candidates who are domicile in the Chhattisgarh state will be allowed to appear in the exam. They must possess a certificate for proving the same.
- The age of the candidates must not be less than seventeen years, in accordance with the prescribed date. The official brochure will announce this prescribed date.
- Additionally, the maximum age allowed for the candidates will be thirty years. For female candidates and those belonging to PH, ST, Sc and OBC, a relaxation up to three years will be given.
- The twelfth class must have been cleared by the candidates from an authentic and recognized board with mathematics, chemistry, and physics as the main subjects.
- The minimum marks for the candidates of general category will be forty-five percent. The same for the reserved category candidates will be forty percent.
CG PET 2018 Application Form
The following are the steps for filling CG PMT 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates will first need to access the official website of CG PET.
- The second step will consist of filling the nationality and the exam being applied for.
- The third step will include the submission of details like the basic information and contact information. The basic information will consist of the name of the candidate, signature, mother’s name, class tenth roll number, category, class, fee (only the amount), height, religion, photograph, father’s name, birth date, gender, CG domicile, PH or physically handicapped, weight, and two identification marks. On the other hand, address, email id, and mobile number will come into the contact information.
- After the information is entered correctly, the candidates will have to check the box labeled ‘I Agree’, provide the security code, and then click on the button named ‘Submit’.
- A unique identification number will be generated by the system once the filled application form is submitted. Candidates will be required to secure this identification number till the admission process gets completed.
- The last step will involve the payment of application fee. The fee will need to be submitted either through the credit/debit card or through net banking. Other modes of payment will include challan, through which fee will have to be submitted at any branch of the SBI bank.
CG PET Exam pattern
- The questions asked in CG PET 2018 will be of objective type.
- There will be one hundred and fifty questions in total.
- The exam duration will extend to three hours.
- The questions will be asked from subjects like mathematics, chemistry, and physics.
- All questions must be solved by the candidates.
- No extra time will be provided. Candidates will need to finish the paper in the allotted time duration.
- The negative marking scheme will be used in this exam.
CG PET 2018 Admit Card
The CPEB or Chhattisgarh Professional Exam Board of Raipur will release the admit card before the exam. For downloading it, the steps given below must be followed:
- First, the candidates must visit the official website of the exam.
- Click the link named ‘CG PET 2018 admit card’.
- Enter the required details, that is, security code and registration number’.
- Click the button named ‘Submit’.
- Download the admit card and secure its hard copy.
- Certain information will be contained in the admit card. The information will include the candidate’s name, their enrollment number, exam venue, candidate’s photo, parent’s name, date and time of the exam and some instructions.
- The information present in the card must be checked thoroughly by the candidates. The conducting authorities must be contacted immediately in case of any discrepancies. Any manual alteration will not be allowed.
The admit card of CG PET 2018 will be an essential document. The candidates will be forbidden to write the exam in case they do not produce the admit card on the exam day.
CG PET 2018 Result
The Chhattisgarh Professional Exam board will release the result of CG PET 2018 on the official website of the board. For accessing the result, the candidates will need to provide their admit card number. After this number is submitted, the result of the candidates will be displayed.
CG PET 2018 Counseling Procedure
The counseling procedure will involve the following steps:
- The first step will consist of the online registration. Candidates will have to enter information like their domicile status, roll number, password and birth date for registering themselves.
- Candidates may also use the help centers, which will be set up for the registration. After the registration process completes, a login id and password will be provided.
- The registration fee will need to be paid by the candidates through bank challan at any SBI branch.
- Candidates will have to mention their registration ID at the top of their challan before making the payment.
- After the fee is submitted, the candidates will have to enter the payment details. After this, the form must be saved.
This step will include the filling of the options. Candidates will need to log in and select their desired colleges and branches. They must fill as many options as possible.
Preference and priority will form this step. After finalizing the selections and saving the registration form, the candidates will have to print the form, and affix a passport size photo in case it is missing in the printed form.
In the case where a candidate alters their preference at this particular point, a new registration form will be provided. During the verification of the documents, the candidates will need to produce this form.
This step will include the document verification process. The documents that will be verified include mark sheets of classes X and XII, domicile certificate, caste certificate, and application form, the score card of CG PET 2018, and bank challan of the registration fee submitted by the candidates.
Seats will be allotted in the last step. Candidates will have to take a printout of the allotment letter of the provisional seat, and attend the college allotted to them for the same in person with the required documents. They will also have to submit the required admission fee for the counseling.