Last Updated On August 31st, 2016 at 08:06 pm
CENTAC 2018: CENTAC is the short form of Centralized Admission Committee. The Government of Pondicherry is responsible for conducting this exam every year. This examination provides the opportunity of getting admitted into the management courses that are offered by the universities and institutes of Pondicherry. All information concerning the CENTAC 2018 exam is provided in this article.
CENTAC 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility requirements for CENTAC are as follows:
- Candidates wishing to appear in the CENTAC exam must be the citizen of India.
- Candidates having the French nationality and residing in Pondicherry may also apply but can only do so under the Cession treaty.
- Candidates must have the Pondicherry domiciliary.
- There will be no maximum or minimum age for the candidates applying for CENTAC 2018 exam.
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree in any field from a recognized institute or university.
- All those belonging to the general category must have obtained a minimum of fifty percent marks in the qualifying exam. The minimum marks for the reserved category candidates will be forty-five percent.
- Candidates who have given the exam but are awaiting the result may also proceed further and apply for the exam. These candidates will have to provide their passing certificate in the counseling procedure.
- The reservation rules will be applied in accordance with the policy of the Pondicherry Government.
CENTAC 2018 Application Form
- Candidates will be able to obtain the information brochure and application forms from the office of the PEC cooperative credit society.
- A payment of one thousand and thirty rupees will need to be paid for the candidates of the general category. Those of the reserved category will need to pay five hundred and thirty rupees for the same.
- Another method of obtaining the application form is by posting the request for the same to the Pondicherry Engineering College. Candidates will need to send a demand draft of five hundred and sixty-five rupees (for the reserved category candidates) or one thousand and sixty-five rupees (for general category candidates) and two self-attested slips. The money orders, postal orders or cheques will not be taken for the payment of the fee.
- After filling the required details in the application form, the form along with the other enclosures must be sent to the Centralized Admission Committee of the Pondicherry Engineering College.
- Those CENTAC MBA application forms that are defective, incomplete or obtained after the specified date will be rejected by the exam conducting authority. Any correspondence for the same will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- During the counseling procedure, all original documents must be provided. Candidates failing to present these documents will not be given admission in the management courses.
CENTAC Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CENTAC will involve the following points:
- There will be ninety questions in the CENTAC 2018 exam paper.
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct response.
- There will be a deduction of one mark for each incorrect response.
- No marks will be deducted for the unanswered questions.
- The exam paper will be segmented into four sections, which are, general knowledge, logical reasoning, English and mathematical aptitude.
- Fifteen questions will be asked from English, thirty questions from mathematical aptitude and logical reasoning each, and fifteen questions will be from general knowledge.
CENTAC 2018 Admit Card
For downloading the admit card of CENTAC exam, the following steps must be followed:
- Candidates must first access the official portal of CENTAC or Centralized Admission Committee of the PEC or Pondicherry Engineering College.
- There will be a link named ‘Graduation Courses Hall Ticket’. This link must be clicked.
- After completing the above steps, candidates will need to fill in the required details.
- If the submitted details are correct, then the hall ticket will be displayed on the computer screen.
In addition to the admit card, candidates will need to carry photo identities issued by the Government, such as voter ID or Aadhar Card. A photocopy of this document will have to be given to the invigilator.
CENTAC 2018 Result
- The CENTAC 2018 result will be declared one month after the exam date.
- The declaration of the result will be done in the official portal of the exam authority.
Steps for downloading the result:
- The official portal of the board must be visited first.
- The link labeled ‘CENTAC 2018 Result’ must be searched and clicked.
- Candidates will then have to submit certain details like registration number and roll number and then proceed to the next step.
- The result will be displayed on the screen if the submitted details are right.
- This result must then be downloaded by the candidates. Its printouts must also be kept safe for future uses.
The answer key of CENTAC exam will be provided on the website of the exam board.
CENTAC 2018 Counseling Procedure
- The available vacancies, candidates’ category, and merit status will form the basis of the admission of the candidates.
- Candidates will be scheduled for the counseling procedure on the basis of their merit status.
- They will be notified of the procedure either through public notices in newspapers or through call letters. The notifications will also be displayed on the official website of the Pondicherry Engineering College.
- The time and date of the counseling procedure once allotted will not be changed.
- Any postal delay or non-delivery of the information pertaining to the counseling procedure will not be the responsibility of CENTAC MBA.
- Candidates who are unable to attend the procedure at the time and date specified for them will be required to forego their admission claim.
- In case the candidate is not able to attend the counseling procedure due to unavoidable and unforeseen circumstances, he or she can take the permission of CENTAC MBA and attend the procedure at the subsequent time and date.
- The unfilled vacancies and seats that are left due to the dropouts of the candidates that are already admitted will be filled in the subsequent rounds of the counseling procedure. The information of such vacancies will be published on the official portal of PEC.
- Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility requirements will not be informed of the counseling procedure.
- The counseling fee for the general category candidates will be eleven hundred rupees. The same for the reserved category candidates will be five hundred and fifty rupees.