Last Updated On September 5th, 2016 at 05:03 pm
AP EAMCET 2018: Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Exam is a state level exam and is a gateway for getting admission in various courses pertaining to medical, agriculture and engineering. Numerous universities and institutes in Andhra Pradesh participate in AP EAMCET. JNTU or Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University of Kakinada conducts this exam. All details regarding AP EAMCET 2018 are discussed below:
AP EAMCET 2018 Eligibility
Certain eligibility requirements have been defined by the conducting, which must be fulfilled by each candidate. These requirements are stated below:
- Candidates will need to be either of Indian nationality or a holder of OCI or Oversee Citizen of India card.
- Candidates must be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh. They must fall in either non-local or local status in accordance with the order of Andhra Pradesh Education Institute, 1974.
- Candidates must have passed the twelfth class exam with physics, mathematics, and biology/biotechnology/chemistry as the compulsory subjects.
- All those who are appearing or have passed the diploma exam’s final year in the Engineering field will also be eligible to apply.
- The minimum marks that must have been secured by the candidates in twelfth class will be forty-five percent (for the general category). The same for the reserved category candidates will be forty percent.
- The age of the candidates must not be less than sixteen years.
- For the candidates of general category, the upper age limit will be twenty-two years. The same for the reserved category candidates will be twenty-five years.
AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
Candidates will need to submit the filled online application form for appearing in AP EAMCET 2018. All those submitting the form after the specified due date will be subjected to a late fee. The fee amount will increase with the increase in time. There will be two modes through which the candidates will be able to submit the application fee. The fee may be paid either through a credit/debit card, or online. The two modes are discussed below:
Details that will have to be given in the case of the online mode include the payment mode, qualifying exam, mother’s or father’s name, birth date, passing year of the qualifying exam, SSC’s admit card number, transaction id, name of the candidate, mobile number, admit card number of the qualifying exam and stream.
The details that must be given by the candidates in this mode will be same as that of the online mode. The only difference being that no transaction id will be needed in this mode. The candidates must fill the application form after submitting the fee and completing the registration process. The information in the application form will include communication, educational and personal details. A filled application form will be displayed on screen once the candidates complete the procedure. The registration number will be provided in it, and the candidates will need to bring it with them on the day of the exam.
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- The language used in AP EAMCET 2018 will be Telugu and English.
- Those who wish to give the exam in Urdu will be able to do so at the Hyderabad center only.
- The questions will be asked from mathematics, chemistry, and physics.
- The format of the questions will be MCQ, with only one correct answer.
- The duration of the paper will be three hours.
- The paper will be divided into three sections, namely, math, chemistry, and physics.
- The total marks will be one hundred and sixty, out of which math will be of eighty marks, and chemistry and physics will be of forty marks each.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- The negative marking scheme will not be applicable in AP EAMCET 2018.
AP EAMCET 2018 Admit Card
- Candidates must preserve the admit card very carefully and take at least two printouts of it. Those who fail to bring the admit card will not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- Candidates will be able to obtain the admit card from the official website of AP EAMCET 2018. They will have to submit their birth date and registration number for doing the same. One thing to be kept in mind while doing this is that information entered must match with that of the application form. On clicking the ‘submit’ button, the card will appear on the screen.
- On the exam day, the candidates will need to bring certain documents in addition to the admit card. These documents include the caste certificate’s attested copy and the filled application form with an attested passport size photo affixed on it.
AP EAMCET 2018 Result
Candidates will be able to see the result of AP EAMCET 2018 on the exam’s official website. They will obtain their rank card, which will be formed on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the exam.
AP EAMCET 2018 Cutoff
The body responsible for conducting AP EAMCET will decide the cutoff marks for AP EAMCET 2018. These marks will be declared after the exam is conducted. Candidates will be able to take part in the counseling procedure only if they have obtained either more than or equal to the minimum cutoff marks.
The documents may get verified during the counseling procedure, or may be done independently. This will depend on AP EAMCET’s policies. The document verification’s round will hold its own importance. If the documents submitted by a candidate are forged or incomplete, then he or she will be disqualified irrespective of the marks secured in the written exam. The documents that will be needed include caste certificate, admit card of AP EAMCET 2018, resident proof, birth certificate, a certificate indicating parent’s income, SSC’s admit card, etc.
Candidates will obtain the eligibility for the counseling procedure after they complete the certification verification procedure. They will need to fill their college choices where they desire to seek admission. They will have to lock the choices filled by them. The seats will be allotted to them after filling up the choices. Candidates will need to attend the allotted center for admission after the allocation of the seat.