Last Updated On July 26th, 2016 at 10:15 pm
This page provides complete details of AIPMT 2018 Exam including Exam Date, Notification, Application Form, Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, etc.
AIPMT or All India Pre Medical Test is a medical entrance exam conducted in India. CBSE organizes this exam for admitting students in BDS and MBBS courses that are offered by numerous medical colleges all over the nation. Currently, municipal authorities and state governments run nearly fifteen percent of the seats in all dental and medical colleges. The main aim of the AIPMT is to provide medical education to all regions of the country on the equitable basis. This examination was free from all reservations before the year 2006. However, reservations for OBC, ST, and SC categories have been introduced in this exam since 2006.
AIPMT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- For appearing in the AIPMT exam, the age of the candidate must not be less than seventeen years. The maximum age of the candidates of general category is twenty-five years. The same for those belonging to OBC, ST and SC categories is 30 years.
- The candidates of foreign nationals (OCI) as well as Indian nationals are eligible to appear in this exam.
- The candidate must have passed 12th class with English and PCB as the main subjects. Those who are appearing for the HSC exam can also apply.
- The candidates of general category must have obtained a minimum of fifty percent marks in HSC to become eligible for this exam. The minimum marks in HSC for OBC, SC, and ST categories are forty percent.
AIPMT 2018 Application Form (Guidelines to Apply)
All those who fulfill the eligibility requirements can fill the application form of AIPMT. This form is available at the AIPMT’s official website. The candidates need to make a new account on this web-site by registering their name, phone number and email id. They can then fill the application form correctly and upload the necessary documents. Additionally, the candidates need to upload their left thumb impression, signature, and photograph. The last step consists of submitting an online payment for completing the registration. The fee for OBC and General category is twelve hundred rupees. The same for ST and SC categories is six hundred rupees.
AIPMT 2018 Exam Pattern
AIPMT exam includes one paper only. The number of questions asked in this paper is one hundred and eighty and covers topics from biology, chemistry, and physics. The questions are of objective type, and forty-five questions are asked from each subject. The duration of the exam is three hours. Each question consists of four marks. Each wrong answer results in the deduction of one mark. No marks are deducted for unattended questions. If more than one answer is marked, then the answer is deduced to be incorrect, and one mark is taken from the total score.
AIPMT 2018 Syllabus
As stated in the exam pattern, the syllabus comprises of three subjects, which are biology, chemistry, and physics. The topics covered by them are given below:
- Physics: Kinematics, work, energy and power; gravitation, thermodynamics, waves and oscillations, current electricity, alternating currents and electromagnetic induction, optics, nuclei and atoms, measurements, laws of motion, motion of rigid bodies, properties of bulk matter, kinetic theory, electrostatics, magnetism, electromagnetic waves, and radiation.
- Chemistry: Atomic structure, molecular structure, chemical bonding, thermodynamics, hydrogen, p-block elements, hydrocarbons, solid state, electrochemistry, surface chemistry, coordinate compounds, ethers, phenols and alcohols, bio-molecules, liquids and gases, equilibrium, hydrogen, environmental chemistry, solutions, chemical kinetics, d and f-block elements, haloarenes and haloalkanes.
- Biology: Structural organization in plants and animals, plant physiology, reproduction, human welfare and biology, environment and ecology, biotechnology, evolution and genetics, human physiology, cell structure, and diversity in the living world.
AIPMT 2018 Admit Card
After the candidates submit the application forms successfully, an admit card gets generated for all those who are accepted to appear in AIPMT. These admit cards can be obtained from the official website of AIPMT. All details of the examination such as personal id, roll number, language, date and time of the exam, etc are given on the admit card. Throughout the entire procedure of admission, the admit card forms the main ticket for the candidature. These cards must be downloaded for pasting a photo of passport size. This photo is verified at the center of the exam.
AIPMT 2018 Result
The candidates can see the results of this exam at the official website of AIPMT. They can also request for their OMR sheets, and can challenge the result in the case of any discrepancies. The candidates can also download their scorecard from the same website.
AIPMT 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off of AIPMT is declared by CBSE. Various parameters form the basis of cut-off. These parameters include the availability of seats, the number of candidates, exam’s difficulty level, etc.
Those who qualify AIPMT needs to appear in counseling for getting admission in the BDS or MBBS courses. The candidates must complete the registration before attending the counseling. They can register themselves through AIPMt’s official website. The seats are allotted in accordance to the choice for admission in college and course, or rank.
Certain documents need to be verified before the candidates can claim their allotted seats. These documents include 2 passport size photos, caste certificates for the candidates belonging to reserved classes; admit card, rank letter, birth certificate, and medical certificate for the candidates who are physically handicapped.
Twenty-seven percent of the total seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to the non-creamy OBC category. Fifteen percent is reserved for the candidates of SC category. Seven percent belongs to the ST candidates and three percent to the physically handicapped person. The physically handicapped candidates need to present the disability certificate during the counseling procedure.
- The application form and information procedure are made available on the AIPMT’s official website only.
- Those candidates who do not fulfill the requirements mentioned in the information brochure are subjected to instant disqualification.
- For further communication, the documents that must be kept by the candidates include three printouts of the online application’s confirmation page, two to three photos that are same as the photo uploaded on the online application form, proof of the payment of the fee, and self declaration copy for students who belong to Telangana, Jammu and Kashmir, and AP.
- The candidates must fill their email-id and mobile number in the online application form correctly.
- The application fees can be submitted only through E-Challan, debit or credit card.